FUNDAMENTALS is the LAY leaders version of FULCRUM. We want to target at nurturing a generation of leaders who are not just equipped but also connected to each other for support, advice, fellowship, and growth because they meet regularly. Fundamentals track is designed for our Lay Youth leaders. The general idea is to provide a safe haven for youth leaders to share their lives, victories and struggles and also for them to be sharpened in ministry.
What is FUNDAMENTALS?
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17) Our goal is to train youth leaders to be architects in designing a biblical sustainable model of youth ministry relevant to their local church context.
â€œThere are three paradigms our youth ministry must constantly hold in view:
(1) Generations Every youth ministry must look beyond just discipling their current generation. They need to engage the parents, they need to disciple disciple-makers who can succeed them.
(2) Ethos Every youth ministry has an unspoken ethos. The goal as architects is to be intentional in shaping a biblical, Christ-centered, Spirit-led ethos.
(3) Team Work Every youth ministry must surely involve a team of lay leaders, working in partnership with pastors and full-time youth workers. It is important that we complement each other in Gods ministry. Fundamentals seeks to grow our intentionality in emphasizing these three paradigms.
Our programme overview for 2015/2016 are:
- Perspectives Thinking Biblically About YMÂ
- Empowerment Growing Yourself as A Youth Leader & Growing Leaders
- Empowerment Learning to Work With The Holy Spirit
As Assistant Director (BOYM), Rev Anthony Lee will be facilitating and guiding all the sessions. He is joined by a team of pastors Rev Chan Siew Chye, Rev Wendy Tay-Sim, Rev Gladwin Lee and Rev Shaun Chong.
Course fee is $50, which covers food, course materials and speaker’s honorarium. (Note: This does not cover the costs of YWR.) We pray the churches can kindly release and sponsor their youth workers forÂ the trainings. Each church may send up to 3 persons.
There will be several sessions, including the Youth Workers Retreat
- 14 – 17 May 2016 Youth Workers Retreat 2016 (YWR)
Please note that the venue has been changed to Wesley Methodist Church and that the program now runs from 12-6pm. Lunch and Tea Break will continued to be provided. The reason why we are holding it on Saturday afternoons is to cater to youth leaders who might be working on a 5½ day work week.
For any enquiries, You can contact:
Pastor Shaun Chong: firstname.lastname@example.org